in your area
no mix. no extra rinse. works in just 4 minutes.
Reduce 7 types of metal + mineral buildup in 4 minutes*
Reset hair for ideal application of chemical color services
Revive color vibrancy
Restore natural texture, bounce and smoothness
Repair enhancer - clean hair allows K18 molecular repair service to work better
85% of US homes have hard water
That means your clients most likely have metal + mineral buildup
in your area
assess the water in your area
This is a measure of the concentration of dissolved calcium + magnesium found in water.
On the low end: slightly hard water may cause your client's hair to be dry or dull.
In the middle of the scale: clients' hair may be rough or limp.
At the highest end: you will see + feel more extreme buildup that can lead to breakage, discoloration + unexpected reactions during services.
This is a measure of the amount of hydrogen (H+) ions in water.
Below hair's optimal range (<4.5): while hair is generally ok at lower pH, extremely acidic pH will irritate skin + scalp. It is unlikely to see tap water pH in this range.
Within hair's optimal range of 4.5-5.5: clients experience minimal cuticle swelling with less frizz, better color preservation, and reduced protein loss.
Around 6-7: your client's hair cuticle starts to swell more which leads to color fading, tangles + breakage.
Alkaline (8+): client's hair is susceptible to severe damage and extreme color fading.
the hard truth about water
Master colorist + salon owner Christine Thompson talks how to identify + navigate metal and mineral buildup in the salon.
100% of stylists agree* treating hair with the PEPTIDE PREP™ PRO chelating hair complex:
✔ Ensures optimal color + chemical services
✔ Provides more even, consistent color coverage
✔ Leaves hair brighter
see the chelating complex in action
- fashion color
powered by science
Get up close and personal with how our proprietary formula attracts and neutralizes metal + mineral ions.
chelating vs detoxing
- Tackle metal + mineral buildup to reset hair for optimal services, revived color vibrancy, and restored smoothness and bounce
- Use before every service, between services 1-2x monthly (or as often as needed), and before detox shampoo and K18 molecular repair service
- Effectively reduce 7 of the most common types of metals + minerals found in tap and hard water
- Clarify product buildup, sebum and copper to reset texture, and optimize performance of products, stylers, and chemical services
- Perfect for prep ahead of color and chemical services, a clean slate before K18 treatments or haircuts/styling, and after the PRO chelating hair complex
Color-safe, non-stripping formula gently but effectively removes 99% product buildup, 95% sebum + 76% copper* for detoxified, refreshed hair